For the past few years, we’ve jumped on the end-of-year countdown bandwagon, and we see no reason to stop now! As 2018 comes to a close and 2019 is on the horizon, we thought we’d take a look back at the year—in food, of course! So we’re sharing PaulaDeen.com’s top 10 most popular recipes of 2018 with you. You’ll see some familiar favorites, as well as some newcomers to the list. Now tell us, what were your favorite recipes of the year?
Top 10 Recipes of 2018
10. Chicken & Dumplings – Warm and comforting, it comes as no surprise that this hearty home-cooking staple made the list! If you’re looking for a bowl full of comfort, look no further.
9. Broccoli Casserole – For those who like a little cheesy goodness to help wash down their veggies, this broccoli casserole is the tops! Whether it’s for a family supper, a potluck party, or a holiday get-together, this Broccoli Casserole is a real crowd-pleaser.
8. Southern Cornbread Stuffing – Stuffings and dressings tend to get relegated into the holiday food category, but we advocate for making this Southern Cornbread into a year-round dish. And since it’s the number 8 recipe on the site, it looks like you’re advocating for the same!
7. Corn Casserole – This delicious corn casserole couldn’t be simpler to make, and you’ll be hard-pressed to find someone who won’t rave about it. Now, we’re trying to decide if it’s the simplicity or the taste that has propelled it from the number 10 spot in 2017 to number 7 in 2018, but we’re thinking it’s safe to say that both played a role.
6. Green Bean Casserole – We’re starting to think y’all like your veggies in casserole form, and we can’t say we blame you! This Green Bean Casserole is so good that this newcomer to the list landed in the number 6 spot!
5. Sweet Potato Bake – Is this a side dish or a dessert? It’s too tough to say. Whichever it is though, you guys can’t get enough of it! There aren’t many ways we’d prefer to eat our sweet potatoes, and you all appear to agree!
4. Old-Fashioned Meatloaf, AKA Basic Meatloaf – This classic recipe clung onto it’s number 4 spot this year, proving that it’s a staple in households everywhere. Is there any meal that can transport you back to mama’s table like meatloaf and mashed potatoes?
3. Original Gooey Butter Cake – Don’t fix it if it’s not broken, right? Sometimes, you just can’t beat the original, and this is proof! Now, go on and satisfy that sweet tooth with some of Paula’s decadent Gooey Butter Cake.
2. Not Yo’ Mama’s Banana Pudding – This incredibly simple and incredibly delicious dessert has held onto the number two spot for the fourth year in a row! This year-round goodness is perfect for holidays, cookouts, potlucks, or just any old day.
1. Biscuits – Well, butter our biscuits! The reigning champ for three years running has just made it four! Paula’s biscuits can’t be beat. If you haven’t tried making them yet, you may be the only one—after all, they are the most popular recipe of 2018 here on PaulaDeen.com!