Tuna and Apple Sandwiches
By Paula Deen
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 10
- 2 (6 oz) cans drained albacore tuna
- 1/2 medium cored and diced apple
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 slices toasted, crusts removed whole wheat bread
- 4 leaves green leaf lettuce
1. In a medium bowl, combine tuna, apple, mayonnaise and salt. Spread evenly over 4 bread slices. Top each with lettuce. Cover with remaining bread slices. Cut sandwiches in half, if desired.
Note: Remember to remove party picks for younger children.