Spring Carrot Cupcakes
By Stefani Pollack
- Prep time: 30 minutes
- Cook time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 14
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 cup finely chopped carrots
- ¼ cup finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup honey
Preheat oven to 350˚F.
In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix in honey and butter until fully combined. Mix in eggs one at a time. Mix in lemon juice. Fold in carrots. Fold in crystallized ginger.
Fill cupcake liners ¾ full. Bake for 20 minutes or until cupcakes bounce back when lightly touched.
In a medium-sized mixing bowl, mix cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy. Mix in powdered sugar a little bit at a time. Mix in honey.
Spread or pipe onto cooled cupcakes.