Roasted Asparagus, Bacon & Cheese Tart
By Roxanne Aubert Hogan
- Prep time: 30 minutes
- Cook time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 16
- 1 large bunch of medium-sized asparagus with rough ends snapped off
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- zest of 1 lemon
- coarse salt
- black pepper
- 2 sheets of puff pastry, thawed according to package instructions
- 1 package (or more) of boursin garlic and herb cheese
- 1 cup (or more) grated asiago cheese or gouda cheese or gruyere
- 1 egg, beaten with a little water
- 2 tablespoons mint leaves
Preheat oven to 400˚F.
Toss together in a bowl, asparagus, olive oil, lemon zest, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
Unroll sheets of puff pastry (or roll out to roughly 10×15-inches) using a paring knife to score a line around the perimeter of the pastry, about 1 inch from the edge.
Place on parchment-lined bake sheets (you will need 2 sheets). With a fork, poke holes all over pastry within the border, so that this part remains flat during baking, while the border will puff up.
Crumble half package of Boursin on each piece of puff pastry.
Scatter each with cheese and bacon.
Top with marinated asparagus (I lined it up in pretty rows).
Use a pastry brush and spread the egg wash along the border.
Place in oven and bake for 20-22 minutes, until golden.
Serve warm or room temperature.