By Paula Deen
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 10
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 (20 oz) cans drained, and 6 tablespoons pineapple juice reserved pineapple chunks
- 1 cup made into crumbs buttery crackers
- 8 tablespoons melted, plus extra for greasing pan butter
Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
Grease a medium-size casserole dish with butter.
In a large bowl, stir together the sugar and flour. Gradually stir in the cheese. Add the drained pineapple chunks, and stir until ingredients are well combined. Pour the mixture into the prepared casserole dish.
In another medium bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, melted butter, and reserved pineapple juice, stirring with a rubber spatula until evenly blended. Spread crumb mixture on top of pineapple mixture. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown.