Get your copy of At the Southern Table with Paula Deen here.
Pimiento Cheese Omelet
By Paula Deen
- Prep time: 5 minutes
- Cook time: 5 minutes
- Servings: 1
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup pimento cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- Toppings: chopped green onion
- Toppings: diced pimientos
- Toppings: shredded Cheddar cheese
In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, cream, and salt.
In a small nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add egg mixture; cook, without stirring, until edges are set. Using a spatula, lift up cooked edges so that uncooked portion flows underneath; cook until center is just set. Spread Pimiento Cheese and green onion onto one side of eggs. Let stand for 10 seconds. Using a spatula, fold opposite side of eggs over to enclose filling. Invert omelet onto a serving plate. Serve immediately with desired toppings.