By Deen Brothers
- Prep time: 30 min, Inactive prep: 2 hr
- Cook time: 12 min
- Servings: 4 servings
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 clove s garlic
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 1/2 pounds lamb tenderloin
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 medium white onion
- Eight 6-inch whole wheat pitas
- 1 cup prepared hummus
- 1/2 cup prepared cucumber yogurt sauce
In a small bowl whisk the oil, mint, cumin, salt, coriander, pepper, garlic, lemon zest and lemon juice until combined. Place the lamb in the bowl; toss to coat. Cover and place in the refrigerator to marinate for at least 2 hours.
Preheat the grill.
Thread each skewer with 2 to 3 pieces of lamb, 2 tomato halves, 2 pieces of zucchini and 2 chunks of onion. Discard any remaining marinade. Grill the kabobs, turning occasionally, until they are cooked through and reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees F, 10 to 12 minutes. Serve with the hummus and cucumber yogurt sauce.