Kale Caesar Salad
By Bobby Deen
- Prep time: 5 minutes
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 4
- 3 anchovy fillets
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 bunches lacinato kale, thinly sliced into ribbons
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 cloves garlic, (1 minced, 1 whole)
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
In a medium skillet over medium-high heat add anchovy filets and 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, stir until melted. Add panko breadcrumbs and 1 clove minced garlic, season with salt and pepper. Mix together until combined.
Rub 1 clove of garlic around bottom of a large bowl, then add lemon juice, zest and remaining extra-virgin olive oil and whisk together. Add kale and toss. Sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture and Parmesan over the kale and toss lightly.