Grilled Tuna Steaks with Lemon-Pepper Butter
By Deen Brothers
- Servings: 2
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper plus additional as desired
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Extra virgin olive oil for brushing
- 2 6- to 8-ounce tuna steaks
In a small bowl, mash together the butter, lemon zest, lemon juice, the 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and the garlic powder. Set aside (or chill if not using immediately).
Prepare the grill for medium-high direct heat and lightly oil the grate (or preheat a broiler). Brush oil on both sides of tuna steaks. Season the tuna on both sides with salt and additional pepper. Grill or broil for 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium rare, turning once.
Transfer tuna steaks to a serving platter; top with the butter mixture.