Grilled Crab Cake Sammies
By Paula Deen
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 10
- 1 lb picked over for shells or cartilage crabmeat
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons seafood seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (white and light green parts) finely chopped scallions
- 1 stalk finely chopped celery
- 20 slices crusts removed white bread
Preheat the grill to medium-high and brush the grate with oil or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
In a large bowl, fold together the crabmeat, bell pepper, mayonnaise, mustard, seafood seasoning, lemon zest, black pepper, scallions and celery. Sandwich about 1/4 cup crab mixture between 2 slices of the bread. Repeat with the remaining crab mixture and bread slices. Brush both sides of each sandwich with olive oil.
Transfer the sandwiches to the grill. Close the cover and cook, turning once, until both sides are golden and lightly charred, about 1 minute per side.