Frozen Chocolate Mint Mousse Pie
By Paula Deen
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- Cook time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 20
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup low fat milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon mint extract
- 2 tablespoons meringue powder
- 1 1/2 cups thawed fat-free frozen whipped topping
- 1 (9 inch) pie crust
- 1 cup melted, plus a little grated, for garnish Paula Deen Sugar-Free Chocolate
- 6 tablespoons water
- for garnish mint
Melt the dark and semi-sweet chocolates and the milk in a double boiler over low heat. Remove from the heat and add in the honey, mint and vanilla extract. Mix together and allow to cool completely.
With an electric mixer on high speed, beat the meringue powder with 6 tablespoons water in a medium bowl until glossy peaks form, 2 to 3 minutes. With a rubber spatula, gently fold the beaten meringue and the whipped topping into the cooled chocolate mixture until no streaks of white remain.
Spoon into the prepared crust (bake if your crust is not pre-baked or ready-to-use) and spread evenly. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze until frozen, for a couple of hours. Garnish with grated chocolate and serve.