Fresh Peach Gooey Butter Cake
By Paula Deen
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- Cook time: 40 - 50 minutes
- Servings: 12 to 16
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs, divided
- 16 tablespoons butter, melted & divided in half
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (16-ounce) box powdered sugar
- 2 cups diced fresh peaches
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
Preheat oven to 350 °F.
Sprinkle granulated sugar over fresh peaches and let sit for at least 10 minutes. Then drain liquid off.
Combine the cake mix, 1 egg, and 8 tablespoons butter and mix well with an electric mixer. Pat the mixture into the bottom of a lightly greased 13 by 9-inch baking pan.
In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the remaining 2 eggs, vanilla, and 8 tablespoons butter and beat together.
Next, add the powdered sugar and mix well. Stir in the sweetened peaches. Spread over cake batter and bake for 40 to 50 minutes. Make sure not to over bake as the center should be a little gooey.