Cranberry Pineapple Gelatin Salad
By Paula Deen
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 15
- 1 (15 oz) can whole cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup finely chopped, plus 1/4 cup walnuts for topping walnuts
- 1/2 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 (8 oz) can packed in its own juice crushed pineapple
- 2 (3 oz) packages raspberry gelatins
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons whipped cream
Spray a 4 cup gelatin mold or a 9 inch square pan with vegetable oil cooking spray. In a medium glass mixing bowl, combine the raspberry gelatin and unflavored gelatin. Add 1 cup boiling water and stir with a metal spoon continuously for 2 minutes, until the gelatin is completely dissolved. Stir in 1/2 cup cold water. Add the pineapple and juice, cranberry sauce, and walnuts. Stir with a metal spoon until all ingredients are completely incorporated. Pour the mixture into the prepared mold, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm.
About an hour before serving, invert the mold onto a serving platter and allow to sit at room temp. the salad will release itself and come clean from the mold.
Combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, whipped cream and walnuts in bowl, mix together. Add to center of mold.