Caesar Salad with Parmesan Crisps
By Paula Deen
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 3 minutes
- Servings: 4 to 6 servings
- 3/4 cup (3 oz) Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 rinsed and patted dry, (optional) anchovy fillets
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 dashes hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 hearts chopped romaine lettuce
- 3 hard-boiled peeled and quartered eggs
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- freshly ground black pepper
Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and sprinkle the cheese, by the tablespoon, into the skillet. Cook until lacy and slightly set; about 1 minute. Flip and cook until crisp, about 2 minutes more. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Combine the olive oil, anchovies, lemon juice, garlic, hot sauce, mustard, salt, Worcestershire sauce and pepper, to taste, in blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
Put the lettuce, eggs and tomatoes into a large serving bowl and crumble in the Parmesan crisps. Pour enough dressing on the salad to coat well, toss, and serve.