Recipe from Cooking with Paula Deen magazine.
Buttermilk Cornbread Dressing
By Paula Deen
- Prep time: 45 minutes
- Cook time: 45 to 55 minutes
- Servings: 8 to 10
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (10.75-ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 (6-ounce) packages buttermilk cornbread mix, baked according to package directions
- fresh sage, for garnish
Preheat oven to 350˚F. Spray a 3½-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion, celery, and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 10 minutes.
In a large bowl, whisk together broth, soup, eggs, poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper; stir in vegetable mixture. Crumble cornbread into broth mixture and stir until well combined. Pour mixture into prepared pan.
Bake until center is set, 45 to 55 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with sage, if desired.