Bobby’s Lighter Peach Cobbler
By Bobby Deen
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 35 minutes
- Servings: 8
- 5 cups fresh or frozen peaches, unpeeled if fresh, thawed and drained in frozen
- 3 tablespoons plus ⅓ cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
Preheat the oven to 425˚F.
In a large bowl, toss together the peaches, 3 tablespoons of the brown sugar, 1 tablespoon of the flour, the lemon juice, and cinnamon. Spoon the mixture into a 2-quart baking dish and bake for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together the remaining ⅓ cup sugar, the remaining 1 cup flour, the baking powder, and salt. Cut in the butter with a fork until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Stir in a ¼ cup boiling water and mix just until the dough comes together.
Spoon dollops of dough over the baked peaches. Return the cobbler to the oven and bake for about 25 minutes, until bubbling and golden brown. Let the cobbler cool slightly before serving.