Air Fryer Maple-Glazed Salmon with Pineapple Salsa
By Paula Deen
- Prep time: 80 minutes
- Cook time: 5 minutes
- Servings: 2
- 2 (6-ounce) salmon fillets, skin on
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, mashed
- oil, for spraying
- 1 medium ripe tomato, chopped into small cubes
- ¼ cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 pickled jalapeño slices, deseeded and finely chopped
- ½ cup pineapple chunks, fresh or canned
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Score salmon fillet skin and place fillets in a ziplock plastic bag. In a nonreactive bowl or measuring cup, combine maple syrup, teriyaki sauce, pineapple juice, ginger, and garlic. Pour marinade over fillets and refrigerate for at least 1 hour (preferable overnight).
Place fillets skin-side-up in air fryer basket lined with parchment paper and spray with oil. Set temperature to 400 degrees, and air fry for 5 minutes, or to desired doneness. Serve with Pineapple Salsa on the side.
In a small nonreactive saucepan, combine tomato, bell pepper, jalapeño, pineapple, salt, and sugar. Simmer over low heat for 5 minutes. Let cool. Refrigerate until ready to serve.