Hot, iced, with nut milk or just water—you probably have seen this popular green tea everywhere!
Matcha is a caffeinated beverage packed with antioxidants, which makes it an excellent alternative to coffee. You can enjoy it with breakfast or, like me, as a pick-me-up in the afternoon.
During the winter, I love drinking it hot with almond milk… I feel it helps me get rid of those sweets cravings while keeping me cozy. If you are into matcha lattes, just be aware that they can be packed with sugar. Ask your barista before ordering to make sure there’s no hidden ingredients in the mix!
Here are my top 5 reasons why everyone should give this green power-drink a try:
1. Anti-aging: Like I mentioned above, matcha tea is packed with antioxidants that fight against the negative effects of UV radiation. It specifically contains catechins, known for its cancer-fighting properties.
2. More energy: Because of its caffeine content, it’ll give you energy and can also help you build endurance—this makes it a great option before a workout!
3. Weight loss: Matcha tea boosts your metabolism, helping your body burn fat efficiently without side effects.
4. Natural Detoxifier: The high level of chlorophyll in matcha leaves detoxifies your body, removing toxins, heavy metals, and hormone disruptors.
5. Added nutrition: Matcha tea is high in vitamins A & C, potassium, iron, zinc, and calcium.
Have y’all tried matcha tea before? Do you love it as much as I do? Let me know in the comments!